Feb 20, 2020
I reviewed Servant which is
about a child that dies and then comes back as a doll. The show was
scary and creepy, and I raved about it. Then I reviewed the new
Disney Plus original movie Timmy Failure. I also stated that I'd
rather shoot myself in the foot then watch that again. I don't want
to become that cynical family movie hating reviewer. I don't want
my reviews to be known as not family friendly. I have kids. I know
how hard it is to find something where we can all sit down and
This is why I watch most of the
awesome stuff after they've gone to bed. The point of this is that
I'm not only going to watch profanity-laced graphic violence based
films and television, which you all know I love. I'm going to watch
other stuff. I'm just not going to like it near as much. To prove
this point, I reviewed Troop Zero. This one is from Amazon Prime
video. When I saw this advertisement, I didn't realize this was a
kid show. I was wrong. Well done, Amazon.
- [02:40] I didn't realize Troop Zero was a
family friendly film. Sorry Amazon. This movie was labeled as a
comedy-drama. It's pretty much your standard fare of little girl
doesn't fit in.
- [02:55] The little girl wants to fit in, and
she makes friends with other kids who want to fit in. She learns
friendship means more than fitting in. The end.
- [03:03] This is typically every movie made for
kids these days.
- [03:15] Unlike Timmy Failure, you are actually
rooting for the kid in Troop Zero.
- [04:12] Throw in a little talk about NASA,
outer space, shooting stars, a little girl who misses her mama who
died, and some 1970s music.
- [04:28] You also have Allison Janney. She plays
every pearl clutching Southern woman I've wanted to avoid. She is
- [05:01] Just looking at Mike Epps makes me
laugh. Then we have Viola Davis who is legit. She is awesome in
- [05:35] Jim Gaffigan is precious in this movie.
He was perfectly cast as the dad who lost his wife. I wanted him to
marry Viola Davis and star in Troop Zero 2.
- [06:17] This is a 4 Spanx show. Whenever I
watch with my kids the score will be lower since we have to stop 25
- [06:40] This show is clean and sweet. I even
shed a tear.
Links and Resources: