Feb 20, 2020
Last week, I posted something
online about Outlander and how watching it made me want to pluck my
eyeballs out. The public was up in arms. They came after me with
pitchforks. I had no idea how many of you actually watch Outlander
without a gun pointed to your head forcing you to do so. I put this
online, and a sweet woman commented that she too hated
Then she added a show that I
would like. Little did she know, I had already watched it. I had
already formed opinions about it. I am here to tell all of you
about a show that looked fascinating based on the trailer. I’m
emphasizing that point. Based on an International bestseller by
Harlan Coben, today we are talking about The Stranger streaming on
- [02:02] Netflix came out with this little gem
called The Stranger.
- [02:12] It also brought us a series by another
Harlan Coben called Safe. I can't tell you how this one turned out,
because it was like watching grass grow but slower.
- [02:48] Why would I dive into another series
based on one of these books? The trailer! The music was scary and
- [03:27] It also made me think I would care
about the woman at the center of all of this madness.
- [04:22] The Stranger reveals Corinne's deep
dark secrets, but she is revealed in flashbacks because she is
- [05:02] All of her flashbacks are glorious. I
hated her, and I didn't care that she was missing.
- [06:27] The lead detective is the same woman
who played the mean spiteful Miss O'Brien in Downton Abbey. The
same lady's maid who dropped the soap and made Cora lose the
- [07:04] Lady detectives need to wear clothes
that have a little stretch and give in case they need to chase a
- [08:01] I had problems with the show. I wanted
it to be good. It just didn't do it for me.
- [09:02] I'm giving this movie 1 Spanx because
that crossbody bag held up to some pretty intense
Links and Resources: